Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Rainbow- OUR Symbol

I like all the rainbows on Facebook. Gives us a good evangelism tool.

Here is what I suggest.

Say, "Oh, I was glad to see the rainbow on your Facebook page! I guess you put it there because God promised not to destroy the earth with a flood due to mankind's sexual sins?"

And then, post this:
The context of this Scripture is God's destruction in the time of Noah because the sons of god were multiplying wives with the daughters of men. Different takes on exactly what this means but at the very least it means that mankind was sinning sexually! God takes this seriously.

The Problem
Gen. 6:1   And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,  2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 

God's Wrath
Gen. 6:5   The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every cintention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.  6 And dthe LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it egrieved him to his heart.  7 So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 

God's Promise!

Gen. 9:12   And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:  13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.  14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.  16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.  17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth. 

No comments: