Thursday, March 17, 2016

Past is Past

Sometimes I wonder why we talk about sin so much, why I talk about sin so much? You might think, "Can't we have enough of this already? Didn’t you tell us to repent of our sins last week and the week before that and the week before that?" Well, yes I did. And I hope you pray for me that I never tire of the effort. For I hope and trust that you have repented of your sins three weeks ago and two weeks ago and one week ago and yesterday.

         And here is the glorious good news. When you repent, He forgives. And when He forgives, He chooses to not remember. He is not holding your three weeks ago sins against you, or last week’s or yesterday’s or this morning’s. They are in the past. What’s done is done. You might be fighting some consequences of your sins but the Lord is not remembering them against you. He forgives you. He gives you a new start. He makes you whole. He invites you into His presence in a white robe. The Lord leaves the past in the past and I encourage you to do the same. You do this by receiving forgiveness of sins through Jesus Christ.

No comments: