Sunday, March 30, 2014

Not Forsaken

The Lord is very gracious to us. Though we have sinned, He provides a way of forgiveness through Jesus. The Lord is merciful to us. Though we have been weak and trembling, He has extended His right hand, the Son of Might, and upheld us.
         In the wilderness, it seems there is little good eating. Our knees are weak and our hands hang limp but the Lord has fed us, somehow He has sustained us. Perhaps it was only ravens who brought us a bit of bread, just enough to make us wonder about His provision, enough to keep us to the day of deliverance. But we waited upon Him for we had no where else to turn. It is not a bad place to be when there is no one to save you but God for then you know that your salvation truly rests in Him.

         We are at that place here at The Table of the Lord. Jesus is outside the camp, the Savior abandoned by Israel. He even said, “My God, my God, why have Thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?” But the answer is heard from heaven just a few verses later saying, Psalm 22:24 For he has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither has he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard. 25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.  26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

No comments: