Friday, May 27, 2016

Resist the Devil

Dear Saints, The Bible says to resist the devil and he will flee from you. Do you hear that? If you resist the devil, he will flee. Jesus resisted the devil three times and the devil finally left Him alone. This fight left Jesus exhausted and in need of ministering angels. It was not easy. But He did it and the devil fled.
         We sometimes talk about sin as if we had no choice but to give in. I was weak. It caught me unawares. It is my besetting sin. At least I’m not as bad as that guy. Guess that’s just my lot. I’m a failure.

         But are you actually engaged in the battle? The Bible encourages you to fight sin, to resist. Your weakness should be after fighting not before. Of course, you don’t fight alone. 
        The Holy Spirit is with you. Your parents are with you. Your spouse is with you. The pastor is with you. Resist the devil. Resist the sin. Put to death the deeds of the flesh, the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life.

No comments: