Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Forgiveness Has a Bad Memory

It seems almost sacrilegious to say that God has a bad memory. We know that He knows all things that can be known past, present and future. So, how can He forget things? Depends on how you define forget, I guess.
         If you ask God about my confessed sins from last year or last month or the last hour, God might look at you with some confusion in His eyes. "Oh, I can’t see them," He might say, "they are all covered up in the blood of Jesus."
         But you say, “I thought you could see all things? I want to talk about them. I still feel bad and need to get it off my chest.”
And He says, “Well I’ve thrown them as far as the East is from the West and cannot remember how to get there to view them again. In fact, I don’t even know if there is such a place. I’ve forgotten them altogether.”

         Well, we know if the Lord tries to remember them, He will. But He’s not trying to remember them, He’s choosing to forget them. Thank God for bad memories.

No comments: