Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tell the Truth

When the Lord asks you about your deceitful heart, speak the truth. Do not let your sins cajole you into justifying them.
The deceitful hearts says, "I am just being prudent. My parents wouldn’t understand. God knows so I don’t have to tell my wife, my husband, my parents, my pastor. I have confessed to God and therefore I don’t have to restore the money, seek forgiveness for my lustful actions from the one I committing them against, tell my accountability partner cause he does the same things anyway. I don’t have to answer to Jesus when He, through His Word, Spirit, Pastor or Parent, asks a direct question. I’ll just keep silent."
A desire to mislead, or withhold the truth for the sake of deceit, or to explain away for the purpose of mitigating the offense, is what we call in the vernacular, a lie. So, tell the truth. Tell the truth to God and then tell the truth to your parents. Tell the truth to God and then tell the truth to your spouse. Tell the truth to God and then tell the truth to your siblings.

Hell is full of clever liars. Heaven is full of former liars. Confess, repent, get forgiveness and tell the truth.

No comments: