Thursday, February 25, 2016

Friends Win

Just finished Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. I found it outstanding. I probably ready this book 30 years ago when I was trying hard to be a salesman. I don't remember the book much. At that time, I was no doubt reading the book for me and trying to Win Friends or Influence People to my benefit. Consequently, I got no real benefit from the book.

Having read it at fifty, after fifteen years in ministry, I find the book to be of immense import. The key point in the book, really, is to simply love other people. Be interested in them. Ask them questions. Think of them more highly than yourself. If you focus on them for their sake, then guess what? They will like you. They will feel empowered. They will return your kindness.

I think the title of the book is unfortunate. It sounds like another gimmicky sales book. But I highly recommend it.

No comments: