Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cacophonous Psalms

It is a pleasure to gather again on the Lord’s Day, a day of rest, a day of peace, a feast day. It is good to praise our God and to sing psalms of praise unto His name.
         But we must do so honestly. We must not fool ourselves that we can live in open rebellion to God while kidding ourselves that we are making a joyful noise unto the Lord. In fact, God hates such things.
         In Amos, God says, “Amos 5:21 I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.  22 Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.  23 Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.

         These are strong words. God says, “Stop singing Psalms!” So, let us confess and repent, regularly, so that we can offer true praise to our God and not cacophonous psalms.

No comments: