Monday, August 03, 2015

When I Fall I Rise

Nahum 7:8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
         Dear Saints, there is no shame in struggles, even struggles against sin. The fact of our struggle proves that we belong to Jesus. The enemies of Christ no longer struggle against sin. They have embraced the enemy of sin as a friend.
Not so His saints. It is by the Spirit that we resist doing those things that we desire to do in our fallen natures. Sometimes, we saints even fall into sin.

         A righteous man will fall but he also will be raised up to new life in Jesus Christ. Though you have struggled, though you have fallen, God has raised you up. He has strengthened you with might in the inner man. You stand before Him clothed in Christ. Though your sins were as scarlet, they are now as white as snow. In the lifeblood of Jesus you have been cleansed from all sin. You were in darkness but now you are in the light. You were blinded by sin but now you see. All glory, laud and honor to our gracious Father who has delivered you through Jesus Christ.

No comments: