Thursday, January 18, 2007

Praying Gambler

Okay, Calvin is at it again. This time, sister Leah was the object of his spirituality. My lovely wife, Katie, chanced by the bedroom door just in time to see Calvin praying up a Backgammon storm. She, and I must say me, too, are still not sure what to make of this. She had another talk with Cal about praying. She suggested to him that praying for the right numbers to put his sister on the bar was perhaps not the best use for prayer.

He listened respectfully and then made a request, "May I just pray about it one more time?" His wise mother replied in the affirmative.

Our Calvinist begins, "Heavenly Father, thank You for this day. May I please roll a four and a one." Roll the dice. Four and One.

No kidding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What...I say WHAT shall we do with that child.
Rebecca