Thursday, February 19, 2009

Things I Never Noticed in the Bible

3John 1The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. 2Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Okay, here's one for you. I've decided that I have to do at least 25 push-ups every time I finish a book of the Bible. That's not so bad, right? We don't really finish them that often and 25 push-ups is a fairly small requirement. However, we do a weird thing with some books of the Bible. They aren't really books. Sixty-six books? How about those little tiny letters at the end? Books?

So, I've just been reading James, 1,2Peter, 1,2,3John, Jude. Start counting. Ya, right, 175 push-ups! I'm looking forward to some longer books.

Oh, I almost forgot, things I never noticed. John to Gaius, "May you prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers." I always read that 'spiritual health' but that's not what it says. He wants him to be in good physical health just as he is in good spiritual health. I guess all those push-ups made me aware of physical health.

It is good to send a physical blessing along with your spiritual blessing.

No comments: