Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Eve Homily- Scripture Compilation

Christmas Eve Homily 2016
Providence Church
Lynchburg, Virginia
All Scripture (except bold italics)

Luke 2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Matt. 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
1John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
Luke 19:10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luke 24:25 Then he (Jesus) said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 9:35   Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? 36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? 37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. 38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
Jesus said, John 12:36 While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.
John 12:44   Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45 And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
John 14:1  Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
John 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works’ sake.
John 14:29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
Acts 16:31 And they (the disciples) said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Rom 3:3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar;
2Tim. 2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
Heb. 6:9   But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
Rom. 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
1Th. 2:13   For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
Heb. 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.
1John 3:23  
And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.
1John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Amen.









No comments: