Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Rest Easy

Dear Saints, it is a pleasure to be back among you. I know that you are sinners. I know that you are not perfect and often fail in your efforts to be godly and mature. But I also know that the desire that you have to be godly and mature is placed there by my Father in Heaven. It is because of this heaven birthed desire that you come here to renew covenant with God and with your brothers and sisters in Christ.

         This reveals your love for God and your love for one another. Of course, God knows these things better than I do. He sees your heart and knows you better than you know yourself. This does not cause Him to reject you but rather to call you close to Him through the perfect sacrifice of His Son. He is pleased when you draw near. So, do not focus on your failures. Look to Jesus and rest easy.

No comments: