Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Toes of Christ


Dear Saints, what a pleasure it is to be in the family of God. We are gathered here with our sisters and brothers and God has given each one as an important part of the body of Christ. Some are eyes, some hands, some feet, some mouths. These seem vital, other body parts may seem less so.
What if you are a little toe? You might think, can they do without me? Well, maybe. But you can do without an eye, too, can’t you? sort of? 
I once broke my little toe right before a football game and believe me, it seemed vital then. I could not get my shoe on because it was so swollen and I missed the first three quarters of the game trying to get the swelling to go down enough to get my shoe on. I made it in to fourth quarter but my use was greatly diminished.
We ought to give great honor to the toes, or the spleens as well as to the hands and the mouths. We are all one body, striving together for the unity of the faith in the bond of peace. We are gathered here as the body of Christ, each one an important part of His body and you may not understand how vital your role is in keeping the body healthy. But look around, rejoice in the eyes, the ears, the fingers and the toes of Christ.

No comments: